Network Attorneys –
Over the past 2 years, Local Counsel Collective has grown at a rate that is not only exciting, but somewhat stressful. As we begin to take on large, high volume clients and establish a national footprint, we must adapt to the varying compliance requirements that not only our clients demand, but our clients’ clients require in their law firm standard operating procedures. As we find ourselves living and working in a more litigious world, we must do everything we can to protect our client law firms, creditors, our attorney network and, yes, even the debtors or defendants we meet in court. To that end, our IT department has been hard at work to develop a compliance solution that will be easy to use and understand, but will meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and their auditors.
The next time you log in, you will see this subtle message at the top of your attorney home page:
Click on the new “Account” button on the lower left hand side of your attorney home page. This will bring you to…
Your new “Attorney Overview” page. It tells you:
- – Your overall number of appearances;
- – Your last and next appearance;
- – What “level” and “rank” you are in our network – more on this in a future blog post;
- – How many of your reports have been “liked” or “disliked”;
- – Your Mean Time to Cover (MTTC) – which is the time that a hearing is posted in one of your counties and you view/select it;
- – Your Mean Time to Report (MTTR) – which is the time that it takes you from the start of your hearing to the point at which you upload your hearing results into our system;
- – Your “Achievements” — which basically tells you, and us, which counties that you’re the “go to” attorney in;
- – And finally, your badges. This is just a visual representation of what compliance documents you have uploaded and validated….
To get your badges, you want to click on the “Compliance” sub-tab which is marked by the red arrow above. Once selected, you should see a screen like this:
This is the screen that our administrators and clients will see to confirm that every attorney who appears on their behalf is also complying with the clients’ attorney work standards. It pretty much speaks for itself. However, the important part is the “Compliance Documents” at the bottom. Over the next several weeks, we will be looking for 3 documents that you should scan and upload:
- – Bar Card;
- – Certificate of Good Standing; and
- – Insurance Declaration Sheet or Certificate of Coverage.
Which is more important? Well, they’re all important. However, our clients really want to confirm that you are insured. If you’re crunched for time, and can scan/upload only one document, dust off your certificate of insurance coverage/Limit Sheet/Insurance Declaration Sheet. Once validated, you will be able to cover the many clients that require their local counsel/stand in attorneys have insurance coverage.
We will probably update our website and add more features in the near future. But, for the time being, this is a good start. It’s something that our clients have been asking for, and as is custom for LCC – we delivered. If you have any questions, whatsoever, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (800) 910-1492, ext. 2 for attorney services.
As always, we value each one of our attorneys in our network. Thank you for your participation. We hope you had a great weekend!